Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Not Dated entries


Not Dated…

Sunday I drove to Beverly Hills, drove down Sunset Blvd. to the Rodeo Drive and took a few pictures (it’s hard to believe that a few miles from the horrible places we’ve spent time there’s beauty) had dinner at an L.A. exclusive Sandwich shop called Togo’s mmm! That night I just really spent some serious time in prayer, God has laid a few things on my heart this week and so I’ve really been praying about how and where He wants to use me. It’s unbelievable the changes I’ve experienced here in my heart, in my mind and in my life. I came to Los Angeles with some burdens, things that I was worried and stressed about, and to be away from my comfort zone and my everyday life, I was able to really spend time talking to God about it, and really spend some time praying about it. I truly feel like I am going home someone totally different, someone with a plan and with dreams worth chasing.

Monday was a free day for my team, so we drove up to Hollywood Hills, took pictures with the Hollywood sign and stood on the “mountain” that over looked the city and said a quick prayer for the city in which we’d all just experienced life changes. We all went back to the Dream Center and had lunch together for the last time and then found ourselves perusing CityWalk before the Hillsong Concert.

We were blessed Monday evening with a concert from Hillsong United, it was an amazing concert and God was rocking that place. There were 5,000 people packed into that church, including 1400 in the overflow seating. Through the music of this amazing group, I heard God speaking to me in ways he never has. God has really worked in my heart and mind this week through my quiet times, the people I’ve met, the friendships I have made and the people I have served.

When I said goodbye to my team this morning I cried, I was saying goodbye to people who I’ve shared the most exhausting, exciting and emotional weeks of my life with, we had a special bond one I may never share with anyone ever again.

And I found myself at the same place I was this time last week doing my quiet time and writing in my journal. Reflecting on the people that I have met here this week, from Ysidro, the jolly servant to Christina in Hope for Homeless Youth, these people were amazing and played truly signifigant roles in the life changing experiences here at the Dream Center. I was extremely encouraged by Christina this morning, I went over to tell her how encouraged I was be her and she told me that I had actually encouraged her this week and that she’d been bragging about me and my heart and spirit this week. I wanted to cry, it’s amazing that you can encourage someone so much through your actions, we hugged and I knew that I would know this girl forever. Next on the list of goodbyes was Lyndsey my favorite girl from London, she was such an encouragement throughout the week, she’s in her 30’s and she has an AMAZING testimony to share. She reminded me how special God made me and what a beautiful person I am.

The joy and spirit in that place was amazing, I really feel God talking to me about this place. I feel him moving in my heart about it. I don’t even want to leave, I know the time spent here will be on my heart and mind forever. The time has come for me to turn in my keys and let this be a memory for now.

Some fun things I learned in Los Angeles:
1.Always have a quarter as it’s valuable when you need to use the restroom.
2. Movie stars are real people too and you must remain calm, cool and collected when they are filming a movie.
3. The fastest way to be kicked off a movie set is to open the door right outside where they are filming and yell, “Oh my Gosh, it really is Randy Travis. Because when you do the director cuts and does a re-do, however not before telling you you must remain quiet on the set or leave!

August 2006
Wow I sit here in Detroit one flight away from being home from the trip of a lifetime and I am scared! I left my trip a totally different person, I left with distractions in my life, I left with some priorities out of line and even more I left with an attitude about something’s in my life that’s far from Godly.
It’s hard to admit when you fall short but I’ve done it and I am so happy that I allowed You to work in me Lord, thank you for that, thank you for changing my life, thank you for the prayers from my friends who some didn’t even know what they were praying for and thank you Lord for listening to me when I asked you to use me, break me and mold me, I truly believe that over these last couple of weeks I have been used, broken and molded.
Well Lord here’s my cue, I am boarding my flight home, so here is where I beg you Lord to allow me the strength to continue to be strong, continue to allow me to be used, broken and molded and please Father continue to urge my friends to pray for me even when they don’t why. Thank YOU Lord!
Photo: Thomas in Compton

No comments: